Monday, June 2, 2008

Already June


Where have I been? My computer has retired, freeing up a lot of my timewhich I've been using to enjoy the sunshine and the greenness of Romania.

In the weeks since I've updated, I've had a slew of visitors in Brasov, a trip to Timisoara for several nights out and days in Central European cafes, one to Craiova for a presentation, a few days in Bucharest for the American studies conferencewith all of its receptions, plays, and hours spent wandering the streets of my favorite Romanian citya lovely weekend in Maramures (just concluded), and I'm currently in Cluj.

In spite of all the things to do, I have still had time to reflect on what it means that I'm leaving Romania in just one month. I wish I could stay at least for the rest of the summer, since this country has become incredibly beautiful in the past month.

My dad is coming to visit this weekend and next week, so I'll have more brief updates, and hopefully some photos as well.

No comments: